Saturday, January 3, 2009

Let us move on

I admit it, I dropped off the face of the planet. There are two reasons for this, one bad and one less bad:
1. I am convinced no one actually reads this so it doesnt reaaally matter if I update this or not
2. I have been swamped with thesis, schoolwork, TAing, and moving
That said, I apologize to all of my imaginary readers and I am now going to try my best to remain diligent. In the event that anyone out there does look at this on occassion, please leave me a comment once in a while, it really would make my day.

Anyhow, with the election over, it seems somewhat foolish for me to continue to write about politics, but I would like to talk a little bit about my trip to Nevada waaaay after the fact. However, instead of doing one big update, I am going to give a few stories (but not all at once) over the next few days to get me back into the blogging mood.

Our trip started with us leaving vancouver redonculously early in the morning, having been given a ride to the airport by my wonderful mother. The moment we set down we were put on active duty right away registering people at the University of (Northern?) Las Vegas [UNLV] campus. It just so happens that that day was a giant hoobaskank concert put together by some branch of the democratic party (it turns out there are like a gagillian different branches, the DNC, the campaign for change, the Nevada democratic party, the young democrats (or something like that) and so on). The most interesting event of note was that the event was quickly invaded by ACORN registrars who were overly agressive in their voter registration efforts. For example, when I told them that I was out of state and could not in Nevada, they told me that I could change my registration to Nevada, even though that would be highly illegal. I was later told by Roger, the youth boss of the nevada campaign for change to be very skeptical of ACORN registrars (this was 2 weeks before the ACORN scandal broke out).

After the event, we went to watch the Palin/Biden debate at a hookah bar/schwarma place. For the most part people where pretty damn flabergasted to hear the media say that the debate was a 'draw' considering that biden layed down some intellectual whoop ass. After that the girls went to the guest cabin we were staying in, while I went to work on data entry and making voter reg (registration) packages for the next day.

No comments: