Saturday, January 17, 2009

an aged cliche

They say with age comes wisdom, well while I am getting age (no laughing from the people older than me... and while 24 aint a grandpa it means i aint a kid anymore) I seem to be lacking in gaining wisdom. However, aside from a decrepit (I jest) body, I seem to be shifting in my priorities in life. Nothing grand or anything, but I have been feeling an overwhelming urge to create. I am not sure what creates this drive, it could be a subconscious understanding of my own mortality (which I consciously deny) or as equally likely , it could be a desire to see what can come from my mind. Regardless of what it actually is, I can safely say that my artistic biological clock is ticking. I have tried to use my crappy writing (this) or crappy poetry (which you will NEVER see) as an outlet for this, however it seems that that has not quite been enough. So tomorrow I am going out to waste $250 to buy a used Sony A100 SLR which thankfully interfaces quite nicely with my dad's old Minolta Autofocus lenses and will tr my hand at amatur photography.

No comments: